Every surgery, no matter how simple it may be, has certain risks, and we should not rule them out. However, it is very unlikely for an arm lift to present any complications when performed by a qualified surgeon. Some of the most frequent complications are:
- Adverse reactions to anesthesia.
- Infections may develop but, if you take the right antibiotics, they will be less likely to develop.
- Uneven scars that may need to be corrected by a simple surgical procedure.
- Large bruises that may need to be drained.
- Skin necrosis occurs in a very small percentage of cases, but it can be treated if dealt with in time.
Finally, the outcome...
Your arms will be firmer for a long time, since the results of an arm lift are permanent. Most of the patients are satisfied with the results obtained. All in all, they consider that their arms look much better after the surgery, in spite of the scars.